Shoes; a story of affection

Send this to someone you know who just won't stop wearing their favourite shoes, no matter how worn out they are. 


We all have some things we're so fond of that we don't want to let go of them. 'Shoes' is a short story about Siya's favourite pair of red sneakers she wore until she had completely worn them out. Siya's sneakers had made many fond memories with her, being there for a major part of her life.

ENJOY...

Shoes

Hi! I’m Sneakers. I’ve been Siya’s favourite pair of shoes ever since she first saw me sitting on a shoe store shelf. She just loves me, and I love her. Siya has worn me every day. We’ve walked so far together. To school and back, on trips and parties. Even to basketball practice. Siya is an amazing player and I’ve been on her for every game.

          We have walked and jumped in puddles in the rain, and been on a mountain trek. That sure was fun. She has washed me so many times that my red colour isn’t even as bright anymore. My soles are brownish with dirt and it won’t wash off. All this wear are memories of the time we spent together. Siya has never noticed it, but she has worn me for most of her teenage years.

     But time flies by so fast. I am all thin and torn with wear and tear, I can’t support her feet now. She has grown to be a beautiful adult with a husband and kids, and I just don’t fit anymore. I’ve grown old and am making friends with the dust as I rest in a shoe box in her closet, hoping she’ll open it one day, and look at me and remember all the miles we walked together.


Your guide,
13 Chapters

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amazing
Anonymous said…
So goooood
Anonymous said…
Good