Malayali in London ~ Part-6

Chapter-1:

. . . Thiruvananthapuram . . .


My mother wakes me up, “Get up Indrakshi, the flight’s about to land.” I rub my eyes, still half-asleep, and look around me. The lights are up again, and my mother’s trying to wake William up, he’s such a heavy sleeper. I look outside the window, the sky’s starting to light up and there’s a golden shine in the distance as if God himself is beaming down on you. I stretch in the bare minimum space I have, William’s awake and the aeroplane’s about to land at the Airport.

We passed through the glass door of Heathrow Airport; it was magnificent and huge. We find Dad waiting for us at the gates. He hugs mom then Will and then me. He takes the trolly bag from mum and guides us to the car. Father had also bought a car here since we couldn’t get ours from India. “So? How was your journey?” He asks as we walk, I run a hand through my hair; yawning, and reply, “Oh; first, a ride in a taxi that smelled like detergent to the station, then a really crowded train ride to Bangaluru and then another taxi ride and finally a painstaking ten-hour flight to London. Yeah, it was the best journey of our lives.” My mother laughed at that while my father just smiled.

Dad takes us to the car, which is a beautiful forest green. Dad lodes the bags into the trunk, and mum gets in the front seat. Will and I sit at the back and discuss what our new house and neighbourhood are going to be like. Our ideas are really wild. It takes us about two hours and twenty minutes to get there. I keep checking my phone to see the streets, Dad takes a few turns and crosses a Church. After driving down the street for about two more minutes, he stops by a house. Guess there’s no turning back now, I whisper to myself. We’re here, at our house in London.

Comments

Bharat / Villain said…
Hmmm... Is forest green ur favorite color