Malayali in London ~ Part-47

Chapter -13:

...Wedding...

The time when your daughter leaves her house after marriage is usually sad but it wasn’t sad in my case. We all knew that I was going into the right household and with the right person. We were all happy rather than sad.

        We had the graha pravesh ceremony (it takes place when the bride comes to her husband’s house for the first time) last week. We had our honeymoon in Wayanad and came back home last week.

        I fall onto the couch tired because of all the moving. We’ve been moving stuff in and out all week and we’re exhausted. Sawyer had bought a house after his promotion to CEO. His house was mostly furnished, except for a few empty rooms. We used the furniture from my apartment to fill them. I gave the extra furniture to William and Sarah. “You look exhausted,” Sawyer says as he comes in, fresh from work. It’s a working day for him, I had closed the bookstore so that I could finish moving. I sit up, “I look exhausted because I am exhausted.” He slightly laughs and sits down next to me. I get up, “I’ll bring you some water,” I say. He nods, “Thanks.” I walk into the kitchen and pour some water into a glass. I walk into the living room and hand it to Sawyer. He downs it in one go. I take his bag from his and put it in the living room closet. I then walk over to the couch and sit down next to Sawyer. “It’s going to take some getting used to,” he says as he puts his arm over my shoulder.

        “What’s going to take some getting used to?”

        “Having you here all the time. Being married. It is all so new.” He kisses my forehead and then gets up, “I’m going to go have a shower, what’s for dinner?” I smile, “Two-minute noodles, I’m tired.”

Comments